Or rather, Monday night reading, if you have time and fancy a cuppa! This is a gathering of fabulous online textile history links from all over the web, from the last week. Bon appetit!
- Explore three centuries of historic threads in this online exhibition from The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation.
- Threads of Feeling – another online exhibition, this time of 18th century textile tokens left with abandoned babies at the London Foundling Hospital.
- Browse through this gorgeous list of visual textile online resources.
- New book! Manmade Magic by Ronnie Price looks into the history of textile manufacturing.
- Design trends of the 1940s in pictures.
- A brief history of the bra.
- There will be a curator’s talk in Irish lace and crochet in the NMI on 17 Feb.
- A call for papers has gone out for a textile history conference in New York.
- Browse the top 15 twitter feeds in online history.
- Six popular fashion trends in history that killed people.
See you later!